Introduction - Updates - Sources - Labels by location - Contact

# - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M -
N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
No label name

Search

Introduction

The purpose of this site is to document as many 45rpm records issued on Arkansas based labels as possible, no matter of musical genre, release date or artist. Surely, Arkansas isn’t the name that comes to one’s mind when he thinks about music – it would not even be the tenth name. Why Arkansas? There has been a great research activity concerning other states in the USA, notable Tennessee and the Ohio Valley areas, but there has never been a project dealing with Arkansas records. While the “Natural State” had only few important contributions to American music to offer, there were many interesting local labels releasing beautiful and amazing music.
Since I am living in Germany and I have not the opportunity to travel to the United States on a regular base, I have mostly to rely on internet research and collector friends. Music always played an important role in my life, especially American (roots) music. I fell in love with country music when I was a kid and since discovered rockabilly and rock’n’roll, blues, old-time and folk as well as other musical styles as a passion. I have been in the researching field for some years now and I always liked to present my results for informative purposes. I did this in the past with other sites and now I want to share my efforts concerning the research of Arkansas music history with others.
I hope this site will serve as a reliable research source and moreover, to bring the music to the attention of a wider public.

- April 2011